Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Welcome!

I have deemed myself important enough and interesting enough to have a blog. After all, who DOESN'T want to know what Elizabeth Owen is up to? I mean, be honest with yo'self.

*I doubt I will keep up with this.
*I doubt it will last very long.
*It will probably just turn in to a self-righteous-ranting-spot.
*Awesome. Let's begin.

I suppose I should explain my web-address "Bettye the Lesser."
My grandmother Bettye is beautiful.
Inside and out.
She is the epitome of a southern lady.
My grandmother Bettye is a writer.
She has written journal entries for every major and minor event of her life.
She has a published book of poems, "Echoes in a New Room."
Her writing style has always reminded me of C.S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkein.
I am named after her.
I will never live up to her beauty, love of life and people, and genuine kindness.
This is a blog.
This is where I write.
This is not worthy of being called 'writing.'
ergo: Bettye the Lesser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers