Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Narnia Bar

My friend, Arthur, and I saw "500 Days of Summer."
AWESOME movie.
I most definitely recommend it.
I also recommend seeing it at the River Oaks theater because it's very Austin-like and you can order a drink.
An adult drink.
Anyways.
As we were walking to my car I noticed a tree.
It was an AWESOME tree.
I wish that I had taken a picture.
I commented on how cool the tree was.
Unbeknownst to us, there was a woman sitting on the stair case next to the tree.
She comments, "You should see what's BEHIND the tree."
OK, it was a little creepy.
She convinced us to go in.
We opened the door and were immediately transported to London.
This was the coolest bar.
There's no sign.
They've never had a sign.
They have the most creative drinks.
You open the door and a calming energy immediately surrounds you.
Dimly lit.
Soft piano playing in the background.
Everyone talking softly.
I felt like I should've had on a high-waisted skirt that hit mid-calf, a lace shirt, my hair in soft waves, red lipstick, and a long cigarette.
We spent 3 hours there.
Everyone should go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers