Wednesday, July 22, 2009

They cut down my nook.

I'm taking some Chemistry classes at Rice.
During my lunch break I found a perfect Elizabeth-sized nook made out of Oak branches.
The branches grew down to the ground and left a little nook just for me.
I have been laying in the nook, talking to the Oak.
He's a very happy Oak.
Today.
Rice University cut off the branches that were my shelter.
Bastards.
The Oak was not happy.
He enjoyed grazing the ground.
He enjoyed communing with the grass near his branches.
He can no longer do that because Rice decided that his branches were a nuisance to the ground.
My heart hurts for the Oak.

2 comments:

  1. poor oak. im happpyyyyyy you have a blog. of course. i will read it everyday. um...well, every day on which you post!

    oh, also: i want to go to Rice with you.

    ReplyDelete

Followers