Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life on a Schedule

As I sit here, enjoying my last week of summer, I realize that I work better on a schedule.
I realize that I'm actually looking forward to school starting so that I can be on a schedule again.
Of course, I will curse myself for thinking that when school actually starts.
I always look forward to summer because "I can relax and have nothing to do."
This summer I vowed to get almost everything with my, sorry, sweety...our wedding done and improve our Chemistry labs and demos.
When I don't have a time that I have to be awake by... I don't wake up.
When I don't have a deadline that I have to have whatever it is completed by... I don't get it done.
When I have all day to work out... I don't work out.
I've decided that I work better on a schedule.
I've decided that I operate more efficiently when I have a timeline in front of me.
I got to thinking about it...
I think that the schedule, like all other things in life, was God's creation, not man's.
He created us in His image
We are orderly, like He is orderly
We operate on a schedule, like He operates on a schedule
I am not suggesting that He is bound by time
because we know that He is above time
2 Peter 3:8-9 tells us that He is above time, but still acts in time.
He plans out our life
He plans when we will meet our spouse
He plans when we will go through trials so that we can learn to depend on Him
He plans, not only for me and you, but for the entire world
all 6.5 billion of us (that was the population when I was in college, forgive me if it is off)
He has a God-schedule for every one of the 6.5 billion people on this earth
Not only does He have a timeline for us...
He created time...
So that He can better show us who He is...
So that we will learn to wait on Him
So
needless to say
I need a schedule to work more efficiently.
Thank you, Lord, for creating me in a way that is orderly and dependent on You.

Speaking of schedules...
90 days until America speaks out and changes their congressmen
900 days until Obama is out of office
900 days until America is saved

Yay for schedules!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers