Thursday, October 29, 2009

My life in Houston thus far.

My life in Houston thus far:

I did not want to move here.
I hate Houston.
Houston does not have my kind of "people."
Houston does not have my kind of activities.
Houston does not have my kind of weather.
Houston does not have my kind of food.
Houston does not have my kind of Christian.
Houston does not have my kind of thought-process.
Houston does not have my kind of life-style.

I put off moving here as long as I could.
I fought with God for 3 years.
Eventually, everything was taken from me and I had no choice but to move here.

Since moving here I have been called a hippie (which is derogatory here).
Since moving here I have (ignorantly) been accused of being an "Obama lover."
Since moving here I have been snubbed.
Since moving here I have lost one of my closest friends and fear that it's too gone to remedy.
Since moving here I have been made fun of.
Since moving here I have been ignored.
Since moving here I have been immediately written off.
Since moving here I have been lead on and hurt.

Since moving here I have found what it means to rely on God.
Since moving here I have found what true patience is.
Since moving here I have found what true peace is.
Since moving here I have found who I am.
Since moving here I have found what I enjoy doing, sans influence of others.
Since moving here I have seen God truly move in my life.
Since moving here I have seen what it is to have nothing and yet have everything.
Since moving here I have found what it means to truly trust in God.
Since moving here I have been tested.
Since moving here I have found a true, genuine friend.
Since moving here I have discovered what a true, encouraging, loving, God focused relationship with a male should look like.
Since moving here I have discovered how loving and all-forgiving family is.
Since moving here I have discovered how loving and all-forgiving God is.

God is good.
I still don't like Houston.
This is where God has me.
This is where God could most easily talk to me because I had nothing.
God is good.
Trust in Him.

1 comment:

  1. God's plan is just freakish. I guess He COMPLETELY absolutely knows what He's doing. I love you so much EBO :)

    ps- it was ridiculously GOOOOOOOODNESS to see you!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers